Monday 5 August 2013

ODE TO MOTHERLAND



UNDERSTANDING "ODE TO MOTHERLAND" IN ENGLISH

Translation

O' the soil of my land, I touch my head to your feet.
In you I see my world and the eternal mother's shield.

In my body are you diffused
In my soul are you dispersed
In me is your dark complexioned soft visage etched

O' mother, in your lap I am born, shall die on your breast
Below your feet shall I play, in grief and in bliss.

You spoon-fed me with victuals
You refreshed me with cool water
You suffer all and bear all, greatest of all mothers; the mother.

I received a lot from you and devoured a lot
But what did I returned to you, I know not.

My life is spent in useless pursuits
Like a river which cut a cell in midst
O' provider of energy, you gave vitality in vain to me

© Translation in English by Deepankar Choudhury

1 comment: