Tuesday 6 August 2013

INVASION



UNDERSTANDING "INVASION" IN ENGLISH
Translation

That night when the storm shattered my shutter
I know not as in my cell you enter

All turned dark & the lamps extinguished
To hold whom did my arms I stretched. 

As I lay in dark,thought it was nightmare
I knew not that storm was your victory's gesture

At dawn I saw  standing thou art
Voidness of the cell filled my heart

© Translation in English by Deepankar Choudhury

Another version is as under.

The night when my doors were shattered by the storm 
Don't know how you came inside my dorm. 

As all turned dark fully and the lamp was blown 
To skies I stretched my arms, I know not for whom. 

In the dark as I lay alone and thought in a daze 
Storm is your flag of triumph, how may I gauge. 

At dawn as I open my eyes, you were standing by my side. 
The cipher that filled my dorm now fills my bosom.


© Translation in English by Deepankar Choudhury. 

No comments:

Post a Comment